22 Apr 2012

Shame




BRANDON: (...) I just don’t understand why people would want to get married. Especially nowadays, I mean, it’s.. You know.. I don’t see the point.
MARIANNE In relationships?
BRANDON It doesn’t seem realistic.
MARIANNE Are you serious? I mean..
BRANDON Yeah, I am, really.
 MARIANNE Well, then, you know, why are we here, if we don’t matter to one another? Well.. Why are you here?
BRANDON The food’s supposed to be really great here. No, no, no, no. I’m not.. I’m not saying it like that. I mean, I just mean, you know.. One person for the rest of your life? I mean, it’s.. I mean, you know, you come to restaurants, you see couples sitting together and they don’t even speak to one another. They don’t have anything to say, they don’t have anything.
MARIANNE They probably don’t have to speak because they’re connected.
BRANDON Or they’re just bored with one another. Every...
MARIANNE What’s your longest relationship?
BRANDON Four months
MARIANNE You have to commit. You have to actually give it a shot.
BRANDON I did.. For four months.

___
*Shame é a segunda longa que dirixe Steve McQueen. Aquí podedes descargar o guión.

No comments:

Post a Comment